On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
FAQs tagged with “Premium Tax Credit”
- Can I use a premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for a separate dental plan?
- Can I use the premium tax credit to reduce the cost of any Marketplace health plan?
- How do I apply for premium tax credits?
- I filed my taxes but I still received a "Failure to Reconcile" notice from the IRS. What should I do?
- I receive premium tax credits, but I still can’t afford my premium. I’ve missed four payments in a row. Can the insurer cancel my coverage?
- I received a Form 1095-A called the “Health Insurance Marketplace Statement” in the mail. What is it and what do I do with it?
- I’m behind on my payments and trying to catch up, but meanwhile I got sick and so had to make more health care claims. Does my health plan have to pay them?
- I’m losing my job-based coverage and have been given the option to sign up for COBRA. What are the pros and cons of doing that?
- I’m self-employed and the only employee I have is my spouse. What are my options?
- I’m using a web-broker’s website to enroll into Marketplace coverage, and the system is prompting me to enter my financial information, is this allowed?
- If I qualify for a premium tax credit, can I use that to reduce my cost of a Catastrophic Plan?
- If I qualify for premium tax credits and I smoke, will those tax credits cover the tobacco surcharge on my premium?
- If I request an adjustment in my marketplace premium tax credit, how long will it be before that takes effect?
- If it turns out my annual income was lower than I estimated so I could have enrolled in Medicaid, do I have to pay back the premium tax credit?
- It looks like pediatric dental benefits are only offered through stand-alone plans in my state Marketplace. Will my premium tax credit be increased to cover the cost of the stand-alone dental plan?
- Should I claim a premium tax credit in advance or at the end of the year or some of both?
- What happens if I don’t return to the Marketplace to update my application?
- What happens if we want different plans for different family members?