FAQs tagged with “minimum essential coverage”
- An agent offered to sell me a policy that pays $100 per day when you’re in the hospital. Does that count as minimum essential coverage?
- Does a student health plan count as minimum essential coverage?
- I buy my health plan directly from the insurance company. Why should I consider shopping for a new plan on the health insurance marketplace?
- I’m 63 and about to retire. I’ll be offered a retiree health plan. Can I look for better coverage and subsidies in the marketplace instead?
- I’m uninsured. Am I required to get coverage?
- What is “minimum essential coverage” and why do I need it?
- What is a discount medical plan? What are the risks and benefits of buying one?