I’m self-employed and the only employee I have is my spouse. What are my options?

Coverage for small employers | Small Employer Coverage

To be considered a small employer group, you must have at least one employee who is not a spouse in most states. However, you and your spouse can purchase individual market coverage and may be able to qualify for financial assistance through the health insurance marketplace. For more information, please reach out to your Department of Insurance. (29 U.S.C § 2510.3-3; 45 C.F.R. § 144.103).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues