FAQs tagged with “Past Due Premiums”
- I have a lot of unexpected bills because of a natural disaster in my area, and can’t afford to pay my marketplace premiums for the rest of the year. What are the consequences of not paying?
- I’m behind on my payments and trying to catch up, but meanwhile I got sick and so had to make more health care claims. Does my health plan have to pay them?
- I’m only required to pay about $30/month for my health insurance premium because of my low income. The premium tax credit pays the rest-more than 90 percent of the total premium. I’ve missed four payments in a row. Can the insurer cancel my coverage?
- I’ve picked the plan I want. Now do I send my premium to the marketplace?
- My insurer says I owe past due premiums for coverage and won’t enroll me for new coverage until I pay them. Is this allowed?
- What happens if I’m late with a monthly health insurance premium payment?