FAQs tagged with “public charge rule”
- Can family members in families with mixed immigration status, where some family members are lawfully present and others are undocumented, enroll in Medicaid or CHIP or receive help buying coverage through the marketplaces?
- Can I buy a plan in the marketplace if I don’t have a green card?
- Can immigrants buy health insurance through the health insurance marketplace?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?
- Can immigrants get help paying premiums and/or cost-sharing for health insurance in the health insurance marketplaces?
- What is the public charge rule and how will it impact me?
- Who is a lawfully present immigrant for health insurance purposes?
- Will getting health insurance through Medicaid, CHIP, or health insurance marketplaces affect an individual’s ability to obtain lawful permanent status or citizenship?