On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
FAQs tagged with “Metal Levels”
- I currently have a bronze-level marketplace plan, and am eligible for a special enrollment period. Can I change into a silver-level plan?
- I just got a promotion and no longer qualify for premium tax credits. Can I drop my current plan and buy a new one even though it’s outside the open enrollment period? Can I buy a plan outside the health insurance marketplace?
- I notice Marketplace plans are labeled “bronze,” “silver,” “gold,” and “platinum.” What does that mean?
- I see there are bronze plans that are really affordable. Is that the best plan for me?
- I want to buy SHOP coverage. Can my employees pick their own plan?