FAQs tagged with “Retiree”
- Does my retiree coverage have to comply with the Affordable Care Act?
- Does my retiree health coverage count for the individual responsibility requirement (individual mandate), or will I have to change my coverage?
- I have retiree coverage from my former employer, but the premiums are too expensive and I have to pay a lot out-of-pocket. Can I drop my retiree plan and get financial help in the health insurance marketplace?
- I’m 63 and about to retire. I’ll be offered a retiree health plan. Can I look for better coverage and subsidies in the marketplace instead?
- I’m 63 and my husband is 65 and on Medicare. Our income is between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level. Can we count my husband’s premiums for Medicare, his supplemental, and Part D against my required contribution for marketplace coverage?
- Is my employer required to offer benefits to retirees?
- My husband is covered under my plan at work. If I retire and sign up for my retiree plan, will my husband be eligible to buy a plan on the marketplace?
- My spouse is an early retiree with affordable retiree health benefits from his former employer, but I’m not eligible to be on his plan. Can I apply for coverage and subsidies in the marketplace?
- My spouse is covered under my plan at work. If I retire and sign up for my retiree plan, will my husband be eligible to buy a plan on the marketplace?