On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
FAQs tagged with “Reconciliation”
- I don’t usually file taxes because I’m not required to. Will that affect my eligibility for premium tax credits?
- I earn enough to qualify for premium tax credits, but I’m concerned my income may drop later this year to less than 100 percent of poverty. If that happens, will I have to pay back the premium tax credits I get?
- I filed my tax return, but did not reconcile my premium tax credit using Form 8962. Will I be re-enrolled with premium tax credits this year?
- I never filed an income tax return before. Can I claim a premium tax credit?
- I received a Form 1095-A called the “Health Insurance Marketplace Statement” in the mail. What is it and what do I do with it?
- I received premium tax credits to help pay for my coverage, but I didn't file a tax return. Will I still be able to get coverage next year and financial assistance?
- If I underestimate my income and end up earning more than 250 percent of the federal poverty level next year, will I have to pay back the cost-sharing subsidies?