FAQs tagged with “Short-term Policy”
- An agent offered to sell me a policy that pays $100 per day when you’re in the hospital. Does that count as minimum essential coverage?
- I thought I was entitled to maternity coverage. Why isn’t it covered?
- My insurance company is offering me a short-term policy (less than months of coverage). The premiums are a lot lower than they would be for a 12-month policy. What are the risks and benefits of enrolling in a short-term policy?
- Short-term policies are for sale outside of the marketplace and they are much cheaper than many other policies. What is a short-term policy? If I buy a short-term policy, does that satisfy the requirement to have minimum essential coverage?
- When I graduated from college I bought a short-term policy to help fill the gap until I got a job with health benefits. Does my short-term plan satisfy the individual responsibility requirement (individual mandate)?