FAQs tagged with “COBRA”
- I have COBRA and am finding it difficult to afford, but open enrollment is over. Can I drop my COBRA and apply for individual coverage outside of open enrollment?
- I have COBRA and it’s too expensive. Can I drop it during open enrollment and enroll in a marketplace plan instead?
- I’m eligible for COBRA but haven’t elected it yet. Does that affect my eligibility for marketplace subsidies?
- I’m leaving employment and have been given the option to sign up for COBRA. What are the pros and cons of doing that?
- I’m leaving my job and will be eligible for COBRA. Can I shop for coverage and subsidies on the marketplace instead?
- My hours at work were cut back and I no longer qualify for my employer’s health plan. I’ve been offered COBRA but it’s too expensive. Can I shop for coverage and subsidies on the marketplace instead?