On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
FAQs tagged with “COBRA”
- I have COBRA and it’s too expensive. Can I drop it during open enrollment and enroll in a Marketplace plan instead?
- I’m eligible for COBRA but haven’t elected it yet. Does that affect my eligibility for Marketplace subsidies?
- I’m leaving my job and will be eligible for COBRA. Can I shop for coverage and subsidies on the Marketplace instead?
- I’m losing my job-based coverage and have been given the option to sign up for COBRA. What are the pros and cons of doing that?
- My hours at work were cut back and I no longer qualify for my employer’s health plan. I’ve been offered COBRA but it’s too expensive. Can I shop for coverage and subsidies on the Marketplace instead?
- My hours at work were cut back, resulting in a temporary loss of income. Can I qualify for premium tax credits?