FAQs tagged with “Immigration Status”
- Are individuals granted deferred action under “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” eligible for Medicaid, CHIP, and the health insurance marketplaces?
- Can family members in families with mixed immigration status, where some family members are lawfully present and others are undocumented, enroll in Medicaid or CHIP or receive help buying coverage through the marketplaces?
- Can I buy a plan in the marketplace if I don’t have a green card?
- Can immigrants buy health insurance through the health insurance marketplace?
- How will an individual’s citizenship and immigration status be checked?
- Who is a lawfully present immigrant for health insurance purposes?
- Will getting health insurance through Medicaid, CHIP, or health insurance marketplaces affect an individual’s ability to obtain lawful permanent status or citizenship?
- Will getting health insurance through Medicaid, CHIP, or health insurance marketplaces put undocumented family members at risk?