On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
FAQs tagged with “Grandmothered Plan”
- I got this notice that says I can renew my insurance plan, which I've had since 2013. Should I renew? What are the benefits and disadvantages of doing that?
- I heard not all plans have to meet all rules. How do I know if my plan has to comply?
- I thought I was entitled to maternity coverage. Why isn’t it covered?
- I thought prescription drugs were supposed to be covered in all plans, but my plan doesn’t include them. Is that allowed?
- I thought there was an annual cap on my out-of-pocket costs, but I’m getting billed for something that puts me well above the limit. How can that be?
- I’ve had the same insurance policy since 2013 because the premiums are lower than the new plans that must comply with the Affordable Care Act. My insurer is offering me the option to renew my current policy again. What are the pros and cons of doing that?
- If I buy an individual health plan outside the health insurance Marketplace, is my coverage going to be the same as it would be inside the Marketplace?