FAQs tagged with “Natural Disaster”
- Due to a hurricane/wildfire or other natural disaster, I no longer have access to documents I need to verify my eligibility for a special enrollment period, and won’t make the marketplace’s 30-day deadline to submit them. What should I do?
- Due to a natural disaster in my area I have moved and don’t know when or if I can return to my home. What should I do to maintain access to health care?
- I evacuated from my area because of a natural disaster, and none of my doctors are close by. What are my options?
- I got an extension to file my 2016 taxes and reconcile my premium tax credit, but because of the hurricane/wildfire, I won’t be able to make my October 16 deadline to file. What will happen?
- I have a lot of unexpected bills because of a natural disaster in my area, and can’t afford to pay my marketplace premiums for the rest of the year. What are the consequences of not paying?
- I take prescription medication and got evacuated from my home because of a natural disaster in my area. I’m far from my local pharmacy and don’t know when I can get back. How can I get my medication?