FAQs tagged with “Change in Circumstances”
- How often during the year can I adjust my premium tax credit amount? What documentation is required to make an adjustment? How long after I request the adjustment will it take effect?
- I earn enough to qualify for premium tax credits, but I’m concerned my income may drop later this year to less than 100 percent of poverty. If that happens, will I have to pay back the premium tax credits I get?
- I haven’t had any changes in my income or other family circumstances, and I want to keep my same plan. Why should I return to the marketplace?
- I’m married now but expect to get divorced this year. What should I indicate as my marital status when I apply for coverage?
- If I request an adjustment in my marketplace premium tax credit, how long will it be before that takes effect?
- My income has gone down and I think I may now qualify for cost-sharing reduction subsidies in the health insurance marketplace. Do I have to wait for an open enrollment period before I can enroll?
- My income has gone down and I think I may now qualify for premium tax credits in the health insurance marketplace. Do I have to wait for an open enrollment period before I can enroll?
- Should I claim a premium tax credit in advance or at the end of the year or some of both?