FAQs tagged with “Grandfathered Plan”
- I heard not all plans have to meet all rules. How do I know if my plan has to comply?
- I know recommended preventive services are updated all the time. Must my insurance cover newly recommended preventive services without cost sharing?
- I thought I was entitled to maternity coverage. Why isn’t it covered?
- I thought prescription drugs were supposed to be covered in all plans, but my plan doesn’t include them. Is that allowed?
- I thought that contraceptives were now covered, but I heard on the news that some employers don’t have to cover them. Is that true?
- I thought there was an annual cap on my out-of-pocket costs, but I’m getting billed for something that puts me well above the limit. How can that be?
- I was denied coverage for a service my doctor said I need. How can I appeal the decision?
- If I buy an individual health plan outside the health insurance marketplace, is my coverage going to be the same as it would be inside the marketplace?
- My employer’s plan is grandfathered so it doesn’t cover preventive services. Can I shop for better coverage in the marketplace if my job-based plan is grandfathered?