FAQs tagged with “Immigrants”
- Can I buy a plan in the marketplace if I don’t have a green card?
- Can immigrants buy health insurance through the health insurance marketplace?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?
- Can immigrants get help paying premiums and/or cost-sharing for health insurance in the health insurance marketplaces?
- What is the public charge rule and how will it impact me?
- Where can immigrants who cannot enroll in Medicaid or CHIP or get coverage through the marketplaces get health care or health coverage?
- Who is a lawfully present immigrant for health insurance purposes?
- Will getting health insurance through Medicaid, CHIP, or health insurance marketplaces affect an individual’s ability to obtain lawful permanent status or citizenship?
- Will getting health insurance through Medicaid, CHIP, or health insurance marketplaces put undocumented family members at risk?