FAQs tagged with “Lawfully Present Status”
- Are immigrants required to have health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate in 2018?
- Are individuals granted deferred action under “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” eligible for Medicaid, CHIP, and the health insurance marketplaces?
- Can family members in families with mixed immigration status, where some family members are lawfully present and others are undocumented, enroll in Medicaid or CHIP or receive help buying coverage through the marketplaces?
- Can immigrants buy health insurance through the health insurance marketplace?
- Can immigrants enroll in Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage?
- Can immigrants get help paying premiums and/or cost-sharing for health insurance in the new health insurance marketplaces?
- Who is a lawfully present immigrant for health insurance purposes?