I received premium tax credits to help pay for my coverage, but I didn't file a tax return. Will I still be able to get coverage next year and financial assistance?

Individuals with coverage | Individual and Marketplace Health Coverage

You can get coverage for next year, but you will not be eligible for premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions unless you file your taxes now to reconcile the premium tax credits received. If you do not take any action, you will be automatically re-enrolled, if eligible, into coverage, but without premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions. Be sure to file your taxes now for every year you received premium tax credits and reconcile the previous tax credit received using IRS Form 8962 so that you can be eligible for premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions in the future. You can attest that you filed your taxes with the marketplace application. The IRS will be verifying that you actually filed and reconciled your previous premium tax credit and you may be asked to pay back premium tax credits if you were not eligible. (CMS, Guidance on Reenrollments and Redetermination for Exchange Coverage for 2018, July 13, 2017).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues