I’m married now but expect to get divorced this year. What should I indicate as my marital status when I apply for coverage?

Individuals with no coverage | How Premium Tax Credits And Cost-Sharing Reductions Work |

You should indicate that you are married when you apply for coverage, but plan to update your status once your divorce is finalized. While the IRS determines your marital status on the last day of the calendar year, applicants for premium tax credits should provide their current status on their application. (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, The Health Care Assister's Guide to Tax Rules).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues