This section covers frequently asked questions concerning transitions from Medicaid to private insurance.
On Private Health Insurance Coverage & The Health Insurance Marketplace
Transitions from Medicaid to Private Insurance
- I just received a notice that I’m no longer eligible for Medicaid. What should I do?
- My Medicaid benefits were terminated, but when I applied for a Marketplace plan, the Marketplace said I may be eligible for Medicaid. Now what do I do?
- I just got a notice that my Medicaid benefits are being terminated in less than 10 days. How can I make sure I don’t have a gap in insurance?
- I went to the doctor and they told me I no longer am enrolled in Medicaid. I never got a notice from the Medicaid agency. What should I do?
- I’m no longer eligible for Medicaid and need to switch to a Marketplace plan. Will I still have access to the same doctors and medications?
- I just received a notice that my Medicaid benefits were terminated, but I missed the open enrollment period for my employer’s health plan. What can I do?
- I’ve moved since the beginning of the pandemic. How do I know if the Medicaid agency has my current address?
- I’m confused. I received notice that I am no longer eligible but my children are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP.
- The Marketplace is asking me to project my annual income, but I’m not sure what my income will be next year. What can I do?