I’m 24 and I used to be covered as a dependent on my parent’s policy through an employer. I dropped off last year when I found other coverage, but now I’ve lost that other coverage and want to get back on my parent’s policy. Can I do that?

Individuals with coverage | Issues For Young Adults: Student Health Plans and Coverage on Parent’s Health Plans

Yes. You are still eligible to be covered as a dependent. Your parent’s plan must offer you a special opportunity to re-enroll because you lost other coverage. That special enrollment opportunity must last at least 30 days from the date you lost other coverage. (45 C.F.R. § 147.120; 45 C.F.R. § 146.117).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues