I’m married but estranged from my spouse. We file taxes separately. Am I eligible for premium tax credits?

Individuals with no coverage | Eligibility for Premium Tax Credits and Cost-Sharing Reductions

Probably not. In order to qualify for premium tax credits you and your spouse must file a joint tax return, unless you are a survivor of domestic abuse or certify that you are an “abandoned” spouse, and that you are unable to locate your spouse after “reasonable diligence.” (16 C.F.R. §§ 1.36B-2; 1.36B-4; 82 Fed. Reg. 34601, July 29, 2017).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues