I had coverage through my employer last year. The IRS tax filing instructions say my employer was supposed to provide me with a Form 1095-B or 1095-C to demonstrate proof of coverage. But I've never received either of those forms. What should I do?

Post enrollment issues | Employer-Sponsored Coverage

You can file your tax return without these forms because they are not required to be filed with your taxes. These forms provide information about you, and if applicable, your family about health coverage for the tax filing year. Your employer or health insurers must provide you with a Form 1095-B or 1095-C (depending on how you receive your health insurance coverage) to be kept with your tax records. (IRS, Questions and Answers About Health Care Information Forms for Individuals (Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues