I’m a foreign student studying in the U.S. Does the requirement to have health coverage apply to me?

Individuals with coverage | Issues For Young Adults: Student Health Plans and Coverage on Parent’s Health Plans

It depends on whether or not you are required to file a U.S. tax return. In general, under IRS rules, foreign students who are in the U.S. temporarily to study under certain types of visas are exempt from filing taxes. If you are required to file taxes in the U.S., however, you are required to maintain health coverage. However, you might qualify for another exemption to the requirement. (26 U.S.C. 5000A; IRS,Individual Shared Responsibility Provision – Exemptions: Claiming or Reporting).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues