How do I prove that I had coverage and satisfied the mandate for 2018?

Individuals with no coverage | Individual Responsibility Requirement (Individual Mandate)

When you file your tax return (most people will do this by April 15) you will have to indicate that you had minimum essential coverage for all 12 months of the year. For most tax payers, this will mean checking the “Full-year coverage” box on their tax forms. You will get a notice (i.e., Form 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C) from your insurance provider describing your coverage status during the previous year. If you do not, check with your insurance company, employer’s human resources department, Medicaid or CHIP office. While you do not need to file these forms with your tax return, the information on these forms may help you complete your tax return. (26 U.S.C. § 5000A (b); IRS, Questions & Answers about Health Care Information Forms for Individuals (Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and 1095-C).

Individuals with no coverage
Individuals with coverage
Coverage for small employers
Post enrollment issues